Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ProjectRoadster : For all chat Roadster

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Admin
Pete

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) Empty
PostSubject: Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available)   Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:44 pm

PDF DOWNLOAD HERE!

For ages I've noticed my roadster leaking from the rear-top of the windows (both drivers and passengers.. windscreen and rear window are fine).

Eventually I came to the decision that I'd have a look and find out possibly why this was happening.

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) Watershowod7

Putting the roof down and removing the roof spar, I then procedeed to pull the seal off (partly, as pic) and push it up by about a few milimetres. As shown below :

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) Leakshowfw9

You should get a small lip/indent in the seal towards the top, where roof spar will cover. Don't worry about this small lip, as if anything it will just catch more water!

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) Pushupshowdg5

Also, as a small measure you are probably best doing this to catch any other drops that evade the seal itself.

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) Cutshowtt4

** REMEMBER TO CUT ALONG WITH THE LINE ON THE SEAL IN THE BACK. LOOK CLOSELY, THE CUT HAS A LINE DIRECTLY BEHIND IT**

Put the spar back on, put the roof back up. Might sound crazy but test it yourself with maybe a watering can on the hose on mist setting.

All should be well

P.s, you might be better putting a little silicone on the inside of the under-spar catch. It lies forward slightly, so the water is pushed against the front wall.. which no matter how hard it is pushed against the side-spar - water WILL evade it without the silicone.

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available) Silishowah7

Repeat on other side! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://projectroadster.forumotion.com

Door Drain Leakage Fix (PDF download available)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Smart Roadster :: Articles + Progress :: Leaks-
Jump to: